· To obtain a permit for trade of imported goods online, submit a Trade Permit application form.
· You should submit the domain name or a formal document to indicate that a website has been registered under your name.
· If a company submits the form, the position of the individual submitting the form should be specified and the form should have the company stamp. This individual should be a director of the company.
· If an individual submits the form, a copy of the Identification Card should be attached.
· The original ID card is also required for reference.
Do I need to register a name for the business?
· The Domain name can be registered as the business name if available.
· If the domain name is not available, or if you wish to register a different name, fill the business name section of the application form with three names listed in order of preference.
How much do I need to pay?
· You will be required to pay the monthly fee upfront for a minimum of one month.
· The monthly fee for a place on an island with a population higher than 10,000 is Mrf. 200.
· If the population is less than 10,000, the monthly fee is Mrf.50.
· The permit will be issued once the receipt of the monthly fee is submitted.
A revenue stamp worth Mrf.10 is required for the permit.
What should be considered if a company is submitting the request for a permit or license?
· If the request is made on behalf of a company, partnership, corporative society, club or a party that requires government registration, the receipt of the annual fee should be submitted with the request.
· If the entity is not required to pay an annual fee, documentation that proves that it is a legal entity registered by the government should be submitted.
· The mandate of the entity should include trading of imported goods.